Meeting to focus on the rehabilitation of WIS 27 between West Carol Drive and US 63
Sent: Feb. 6, 2017
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is conducting a public involvement meeting to discuss rehabilitation on WIS 27 from West Carol Drive to US 63 in Sawyer County.
The meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 15 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., at the Veterans Community Center, 10534 S. Main Street, Hayward, Wisconsin. The objective of this meeting is to familiarize the public with the purpose and need for the project and to obtain input on the proposed improvements.
This project involves the following:
- Mill and overlay WIS 27 from West Carol Drive to S. Michigan Avenue.
- Replace pavement and widen WIS 27 from S. Michigan Avenue to Railroad Street.
- Realign County Highway B at the intersection of WIS 27.
- Overlay the structure over the Namekagon River.
- Install traffic signals at WIS 27 and Railroad Street and WIS 27 and County Highway B intersections.
- Install storm sewer between S. Michigan Avenue and Railroad Street.
The public is encouraged to attend the meeting, provide input, and ask questions concerning this project. Maps showing the proposed improvements will be on display. WisDOT representatives will be available to discuss the project on an individual basis.
Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Diana Maas at least three working days prior to the meeting.
For more information, contact:
Diana Maas, WisDOT Northwest Region communications manager
(715) 635–4968, email@example.com