Portions of Ashland Avenue to be closed/detoured for construction
Release date: February 6, 2017
(Green Bay) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region office announces construction on WIS 32 (Ashland Avenue), between the roundabout on Ashland/8th Street in De Pere and Lombardi Avenue in Ashwaubenon, will begin Thursday, Feb. 9. Construction is expected to finish in August of 2017. Road closures and a detour will affect motorists in the project limits. Local access to all residences and businesses will be maintained during construction at all times.
- Resurfacing 3.2 miles of WIS 32 from 8th St. to Lombardi Ave.
- Replacing two bridges over Ashwaubenon Creek
- Replacing wing walls on the east end of the box culvert over Dutchman’s Creek
- Beam guard replacement
- Traffic signal upgrades
- Access improvements north of Vanderperren Way
- WIS 32 between Parkview Road and Hansen Road CLOSED Thursday, Feb.9 through August 2017 for bridge construction.
- Resurfacing and signal upgrades will be completed in stages, closing only one major intersection at a time.
- WisDOT will announce the intersection closures via news releases, WIS 32 project website and NE Region Twitter Account.
- Local access to all residences and businesses will be maintained during construction at all times.
- WIS 32 northbound traffic at the 8th Street intersection will take County G (Main Ave) westbound to northbound I-41 to the Mason Street interchange where it will connect back into WIS 32.
- Southbound traffic will be directed to stay on I-41 at the Mason Street interchange to the County G (Main Ave) exit and back to WIS 32 southbound at the 8th Street intersection.
The project will provide a smoother, safer and more efficient roadway for motorists. The early start date of the project is to complete all bridge and structure work before the 2017 Packer season and associated increases in traffic. The project is estimated to cost $6.3 million dollars. Motorists are advised to use caution and remain alert when driving through this or any work zone.
For more information regarding the WIS 32 Project, please see the project website at: http://projects.511wi.gov/32resurface/
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, Regional Communications Manager
(920) 492-4153, Mark.Kantola@dot.wi.gov