Rel: February 20, 2017
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) announced the seasonal posting of weight limits on state highways in the north central region of the state. The weight restrictions are 6 tons gross load for single axle vehicles and 10 tons gross load for tandem axle vehicles (any two axles under 8 feet apart). The maximum gross weight is 24 tons.
Weight restrictions will be effective at noon on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 on the following highways:
• WIS 52, Langlade County, from WIS 55 to the North Langlade County line.
• WIS 52, Forest County, from the south Forest County line to Smith Road.
• WIS 55, Forest County, from Argonne Street to the Michigan state line.
• WIS 107, Marathon County, from Marathon County A to the Lincoln County line.
• WIS 107, Lincoln County, from the Marathon County line to WIS 64.
• WIS 107, Lincoln County, from Matthew's Road to Lincoln County S.
• WIS 122, Iron County, from WIS 77 to Michigan state line.
• WIS 153, Marathon County, from Marathon County J to the Shawano County line.
• WIS 153, Shawano County, from the Marathon County line to US 45.
• WIS 169, Iron County, from the Ashland County line to US 2.
Seasonal weight restrictions (springtime posted roads) are placed on specific highways during the spring thaw period. The restrictions are added to prevent damage to the pavement structure.
In the event of unpredicted cold weather, the postings in each county may be delayed as conditions require, and will become effective at the discretion of the State Highway Engineer.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the Wisconsin’s north central region:
- Follow us on Twitter: @WisDOTnorthcent for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert system and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Check the Wisconsin Department of Transportation 511 website: www.511wi.gov
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, Region Communications Manager, (715) 421-8380