Design and construction updates and road closure information highlighted
Release date: March 6, 2017
(Appleton) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region office announces public involvement meetings have been scheduled to provide road closure, traffic impacts, and updated design and construction information on the WIS 441 Tri-County Expansion Project in the Fox Cities. Separate meetings will be held for businesses and the general public. Please note the different location for each meeting. The same information regarding the entire US 10/WIS 441 corridor and improved interchanges will be presented at each meeting.
Business Involvement Meeting:
- Wednesday morning, March 15, 8:30 to 10 a.m. at the WIS 441 Tri-County Construction Project office, W6214 Aerotech Drive, Appleton. A short presentation is scheduled for 8:45 a.m.
Public Involvement Meeting
- Wednesday evening, March 15, from 5 to 7 p.m. at UW-Fox Valley Perry Hall, 1478 Midway Road, Menasha. There will be a short presentation at 5:15 p.m.
The primary purpose of the meetings are as follows:
- Continue communication between WisDOT and the local communities and businesses
- Status of construction, road and ramp closures
- Business signage options during closures
Businesses and the public are encouraged to attend the meetings, ask questions and offer comments. The meeting will be held in an open-house format, and project staff will be available to discuss the projects on an individual basis.
The WIS 441 Tri-County Project will reconstruct and expand US 10/WIS 441 from four to six lanes from Cold Spring Road to about 1/2 mile east of Oneida Street (approximately six miles). Additional lanes of traffic are needed on US 10/WIS 441 to handle expected traffic increases safely in the years ahead.
Other project improvements include:
- New WIS 441/US 10/US 41 interchange
- New Roland Kampo Bridge
- Improved interchanges at WIS 441 and County P (Racine Road), WIS 47 (Appleton Road), County AP (Midway Road), US 10 (Oneida Street)
For more project information, please see the WIS 441 Tri-County Expansion website at http://projects.511wi.gov/wis441/
Persons who are unable to attend the meeting can make their comments by contacting WisDOT Project Manager, Scott Ebel at (920) 492-5646. Written comments can be mailed to Scott Ebel, WisDOT NE Region, 944 Vanderperren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304 or via email at Scott.Ebel@dot.wi.gov. Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and who require an interpreter may request one by contacting Mr. Ebel at least three working days prior to the meeting.