For release: May 12, 2017
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is conducting a public involvement meeting to discuss proposed improvements to:
- WIS 82 between the Adams/Marquette County line and Fandrich Street (village of Oxford)
- WIS 23 between Abbott Street (village of Oxford) and 8th Court (just east of I-39)
The meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, May 16, 2017, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Oxford Village Hall, 129 S. Franklin Avenue, Oxford.
WisDOT is proposing an improvement project to address the following needs:
- The pavement is cracking and rutting.
- There are four deteriorating culverts:
- Two near the railroad crossing between Abbott Street and County I, in Oxford
- Two near 5th Drive
- The pavement is deteriorating at the railroad crossing between Abbott Street and County I, in Oxford
If not addressed these issues will, eventually, result in further damage to the pavement structure leading to safety concerns and greater maintenance costs.
Construction is currently scheduled to occur in 2019.
When railroad work is under way, crews will need to close WIS 82 for approximately five days and detour traffic via WIS 13, WIS 21 and I-39.
WisDOT is seeking the public’s input on the identified needs, proposed improvements, and traffic management strategies during construction.
Additional information about the proposed project can be found on the
For more information, contact: Kristin McHugh, WisDOT Region Communications Manager, (715) 421-8380