Interstate will be open to one lane of travel
Release Date: May 31, 2017
(Sheboygan County) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation Northeast Region office announces I-43 lane closures in Sheboygan County begin on Monday, June 5, for resurfacing work from WIS 42 to County Line Road. There will be single lane closures of northbound and southbound I-43 during construction, leaving one lane of travel open for motorists in various segments of the project work zone. Lane closures will be removed during peak travel times on the weekend. However, delays could occur during weekday peak travel times.
- Northbound I-43 will be down to a single lane of travel from 6 a.m. Saturday through noon on Friday during construction.
- All lanes open from noon Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday during construction.
- Southbound I-43 will be down to a single lane of travel from 6 a.m. Monday through 6 a.m. Sunday during construction.
- All lanes open from 6 a.m. Sunday to 6 a.m. Monday during construction.
- There will be various nighttime closures of the I-43/WIS 42 interchange ramps for paving operations.
The $6.2 million project will resurface and patch mainline I-43, resurface ramps at the I-43/WIS 42 interchange, and replace various culverts. The project is scheduled to be complete in November of this year.
For more information regarding the ongoing I-43 resurfacing projects in Sheboygan, Manitowoc and Brown counties,
please see project website.
You can follow this project throughout construction on the
Northeast Region Weekly Highway Construction Update website.
Motorists are reminded to use caution and remain alert when driving through this or any work zone.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, Regional Communications Manager
Mark.Kantola@dot.wi.gov, (920) 492-4153