Project begins Sunday, June 25
Release Date: June 16, 2017
(Appleton) As part of his efforts to create jobs and make sure Wisconsin is open for business, Governor Scott Walker recently approved $3.5 million to improve the WIS 125 (College Avenue) between I-41 and Linwood Avenue in the city of Appleton, Outagamie County. The project is scheduled to start Sunday, June 25 and finish by September 27, 2017.
Michels Corporation of Brownsville, Wis. is the prime contractor.
- Resurfacing WIS 125 (College Avenue) between I-41 and Linwood Avenue.
- Concrete and asphalt pavement repairs, curb and gutter repairs and beam guard upgrades.
- Traffic signal replacements at five intersections.
- Improvements to bridge over railroad between Perkins Street and Linwood Avenue including joint and concrete repairs and deck overlay.
- WIS 125 will remain open during construction.
- WIS 125 between I-41 and Linwood Avenue will have lane closures during off-peak hours.
- Traffic will be shifted to a long-term single lane between Perkins Street and Linwood Avenue for bridge work.
This project addresses various safety and pavement concerns along the WIS 125 corridor. Improved pavement conditions, added capacity for the westbound left turn lane to go south on I- 41, replacement of traffic signals along WIS 125 at five intersections and upgraded beam guard will improve the safety of this corridor.
For more project information, please see the WIS 125/College Avenue Resurfacing Project webpage at https://projects.511wi.gov/wis125/.
You can follow this project throughout construction on the Northeast Region Weekly Highway Construction Update website at https://projects.511wi.gov/weeklyupdates-ne/.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, Regional Communications Manager
Mark.Kantola@dot.wi.gov, (920) 492-4153