On Wednesday, June 21, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is scheduled to begin a series of surface treatments at several locations throughout Milwaukee County. To minimize impact to the traveling public, work will take place during the evening-to-early morning hours. To facilitate work in these locations, lane closures and some ramp closures will be necessary.
- I-94 Westbound Bridge over WIS 175 (Stadium Interchange)
- I-43/I-94 Southbound Bridge over National Ave., Walker and Mineral streets.
- I-43/I-94 Northbound On-ramp Bridge over National Ave., Walker and Mineral streets.
- I-41 Northbound Bridge over Burleigh Street
- I-41 Southbound Bridge over Burleigh Street
Crashes in these areas are above the statewide average. The locations’ roadways and structures will receive either a friction surface treatment or polymer overlay. These specially-engineered pavement overlays provide a rougher texture and have the following benefits.
- Reduce crashes, injuries and fatalities
- Relatively low in cost compared to geometric improvements
- Produce negligible environmental impacts
- Short installation time has minimal impact on traffic
The contractor, Michels Corp., plans on completing work in each location within one or two weeks. Some noise is associated with this operation. The schedule of work is weather dependent and subject to change.
For more information, contact:
Brian DeNeve, Southeast Region Communications
(262) 548-8759 or email@example.com