Project starts July 10 with brief closure of WIS 55/County KK intersection
Release date: June 26, 2017
(Outagamie/Calumet counties) As part of his efforts to create jobs and make sure Wisconsin is open for business, Governor Scott Walker recently approved $589.000 to improve 2.72 miles of WIS 55 from US 10 in Menasha to Ridgecrest Lane in Kaukauna in Calumet and Outagamie counties. The project begins July 10, 2017 and will finish by August 25, 2017.
Northeast Asphalt, Inc., of Greenville, Wis. is the prime contractor.
The project is needed to improve the condition of the existing roadway, which has severe deterioration with numerous types of cracking in the pavement surface.
WIS 55 improvements:
- Resurface roadway by milling 2-inches and paving 2-inches using hot mix asphalt
- Rumble strip installation south of County KK
- Curb and gutter repairs at the WIS 55 and County KK roundabout (requires closure)
- New signing and pavement marking
- Monday morning, July 10 to noon Thursday, July 13: The intersection of WIS 55 and County KK (Calumet Avenue) will be CLOSED for curb and gutter repairs. Traffic will not be allowed to cross the intersection. WIS 55 will have a marked detour route. No detour will be provided for the County Road KK.
- Detour: WIS 55 will be detoured via US 10, County N, and County CE.
- July 10 to August 25, WIS 55 resurfacing work: WIS 55 will be OPEN during resurfacing.
- Traffic will be maintained using flagging operations. Short delays may occur.
Motorists on WIS 55 will benefit from a smoother pavement surface and improved safety due to new pavement marking, more reflective signing, and centerline rumble strips south of County KK. Other project benefits include reduced maintenance costs.
WIS 55 Project construction details and traffic impacts will be provided weekly for this project on the Northeast Region Weekly Highway Construction Update website.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, Regional Communications Manager
Mark.Kantola@dot.wi.gov, (920) 492-4153