Release Date: July 28, 2017
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) will hold a Public Involvement Meeting (PIM) for the resurfacing of US 45 from WIS 50 (village of Bristol) to WIS 11 (village of Union Grove) in Kenosha and Racine counties.
Kenosha County Center (Hearing Room)
19600 75th St. Bristol, WI
Thursday, August 3, 5-7 p.m.
The format of the meeting is an informal, open house format with no formal presentations planned.
WisDOT representatives will be available to discuss the project and address any questions or concerns. Attendees may stop in at their convenience and view exhibits, meet with project staff, ask questions, and provide feedback. WisDOT encourages property and business owners, interested residents, and other stakeholders to attend the meeting. The intent of the meeting is to re-introduce the project and to solicit feedback from the above parties.
The project was initially scoped as a full reconstruction project with real estate acquisition including relocations throughout the length of the project. The concept was revised and re-scoped to a resurfacing in the fall of 2015. Construction is tentatively scheduled for 2021.
- The existing pavement on US 45 has reached its life expectancy.
- The project will replace the existing asphalt pavement beginning in Bristol at the WIS 50 intersection and proceeding to 400 feet south of WIS 11 intersection.
- The proposed typical section will have the paved shoulders widened to 5 feet to accommodate bicyclists.
- Several aging box culverts will be replaced as part of the project.
- Right turn lanes and passing lanes will be added at County Road N (38th St.) and NN (45th St.) intersections to enhance traffic flow and safety.
- Traffic signals will be upgraded and the northbound right turn lane will be expanded to improve safety at the WIS 50 intersection.
If you are not able to attend the meeting and would like to provide feedback, please feel free to contact Project Manager Jason Dahlgren at (262) 521-5349 or at