July 19, 2016
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is conducting a public meeting to discuss this year's construction on WIS 47 (Airport Drive) between WIS 29 and WIS 22 (Green Bay Street) in Shawano.
The meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, July 26, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., at the Shawano City Hall, 127 South Sawyer Street, Shawano. Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Kristin McHugh at least three working days prior to the meeting via the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay System (711).
Construction is currently scheduled to begin on August 1, 2016. Improvements include:
- Resurfacing the roadway between WIS 29 and Shawano County B
- Reconstructing the existing four-lane road to a two-lane road between County B and WIS 22
- Repairing curb and gutter and storm sewer
- Improving intersections
- Reconstructing the railroad crossing
- Crews will close WIS 47 between County B and WIS 22 on August 1. During the closure, motorists will be detoured via WIS 47, WIS 22 and WIS 29. The road is scheduled to reopen in late October.
- Motorists on WIS 47 can expect to encounter single lane closures and flagging operations between WIS 29 and County B.
- Single lane closures and flagging operations on WIS 22 during traffic signal construction.
- The Beauprey Street and Engel drive intersections with WIS 47 will be closed during construction.
- Richmond Street will be closed at the intersection with WIS 47 for approximately two weeks. This is currently scheduled to occur in October 2016.
- Access to adjacent properties will be maintained, however, it may be necessary to temporarily limit access to driveways and/or intersections for short periods of time.
Construction is scheduled for completion in late October 2016. Construction-related traffic impacts are subject to change and are dependent on favorable weather conditions and construction status.
For more information about the project, visit the construction website at: http://projects.511wi.gov/47shawano/.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT Region Communications Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org, (715) 421-8380