July 19, 2016
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is conducting a public meeting to discuss this year's construction on WIS 29 between Marathon County J and County Q.
The meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, July 26, from 10 to 11 a.m., in the DC Everest Middle School Commons, 9302 Schofield Avenue, Weston. Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Kristin McHugh at least three working days prior to the meeting via the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay System (711).
Work is currently scheduled to begin as early as August 1, 2016. American Asphalt of Wisconsin is the prime contractor for the $2.65 million project. Improvements include:
- Repairing and replacing pavement along WIS 29 between County J and one mile east of County Q.
- Repairing and replacing pavement on the eastbound WIS 29 off-ramp, westbound WIS 29 off-ramp, and westbound WIS 29 on-ramp at the County Q interchange.
- Installing new approaches at the WIS 29 bridges over County J and County Q.
- Resurfacing the WIS 29 bridge decks at the County J and County Q interchanges.
- Reconstructing crossovers in the WIS 29 median between County J and one mile east of County Q.
- Installing ramp closure gates at both WIS 29 on-ramps from County Q.
- Motorists on WIS 29 can expect to encounter single lane closures and a reduced speed limit of 55 MPH.
- Each County Q interchange ramp will be closed for a maximum of five days (Monday through Friday). During the closures, motorists will be detoured via County J or County Y.
- Traffic backups and delays may occur during peak travel times. To avoid delays, local traffic may want to use an alternate route.
- Motorists are reminded to drive with caution in work zones and should be prepared to encounter slow moving vehicles.
Construction is scheduled for completion in late October 2016. Construction-related traffic impacts are subject to change and are dependent on favorable weather conditions and construction status.
For more information about the project, visit the construction website at: http://projects.511wi.gov/29marathon/.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT Region Communications Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org, (715) 421-8380