3-month bridge painting and machinery upgrade project begins
Release date: December 19, 2017
(Marinette) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region announces the Ogden Street Bridge connecting the cities of Marinette, Wis. and Menominee, Mich. will close to vehicle and pedestrian traffic on Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018 for painting and machinery upgrades. The bridge is expected to open by March 31, 2018. A signed detour will be in place directing traffic to use the US 41 bridge west of the Ogden Street Bridge.
The purpose of the project is to provide necessary maintenance to extend the life of the bridge. Project improvements include:
- Full repainting of the lift span of the bridge
- Concrete surface repair
- Replacement of translucent sheeting in machinery room
- Modification of the existing tail lock assembly
- Removal of existing fluid power equipment for the existing tail locks
- Refurbishing of the existing span drive motors
- Replacement of spherical bushings, and installation of new brakes
- Miscellaneous structural repairs
- Northbound: Ogden St. to Hosmer St., Hosmer St. to Main St., Main St. to Pierce Ave., Pierce Ave. to US 41 (Bridge St.), US 41 (Bridge St.) to 10th Ave., 10th Ave. to 10th St., 10th St. to 4th Ave., 4th Ave. to 3rd St., 3rd St. to 2nd Ave., 2nd Ave. to 1st St. (reverse for southbound).
- Changeable message signs placed prior to Cleveland Avenue in Marinette will inform trucks to remain on US 41 through Marinette, Wis. to Menominee, Mich. on the existing truck route.
- Changeable message signs placed prior to 7th Street in Menominee, Mich. will inform trucks to remain on US 41 through Menominee, Mich. to Marinette, Wis. on the existing truck route.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, Regional Communications Manager
Mark.firstname.lastname@example.org (920) 492-4153