August 17, 2016
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is conducting a public involvement meeting to discuss proposed improvements to WIS 54/73 between Gaynor Avenue and WIS 13 in Wisconsin Rapids
The meeting is scheduled to take place from 5 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 in the All Purpose Room at the McMillian Library, 490 East Grand Avenue, Wisconsin Rapids. A brief presentation is scheduled to begin at 5:15 p.m. The remainder of the meeting will follow an open house format.
Several needs have been identified including:
- Traffic delays at the WIS 13/54/73 intersection
- Traffic signal timing at the WIS 13/54/73 intersection contributes to inefficient traffic movements
- Access near the WIS 13/54/73 intersection creates conflicts with turning intersection traffic
- Opportunity to improve pavement marking and signing to maximize roundabout efficiency
Proposed improvements include:
- Partial reconstruction/widening of WIS 54/73 between the Gaynor Avenue roundabout and Woodbine Street
- Traffic signal timing upgrades at WIS 13/54/73
- Some access modifications
- Pavement marking and signing improvements
The purpose of the meeting is to provide an update on the proposed improvements and real estate needs, answer questions, and obtain input.
An improvement project is currently scheduled for 2019, but could occur as early as 2018.
Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter at the meeting may request one by contacting Kristin McHugh at least three working days prior to the meeting via the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay System (711).
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT Region Communications Manager
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com