2nd public meeting to discuss new design elements for bridge and WIS 116
April 22, 2016
(Winneconne) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region is announcing a public involvement meeting has been scheduled for proposed improvements to Main Street (WIS 116) and construction of a new Wolf River Bridge in downtown Winneconne, Winnebago County. The project limits are Main Street from just west of 9th Street to just east of 13th Avenue. The meeting will be held Tuesday, May 3, 2016, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Winneconne Middle School located at 400 North 9th Avenue, Winneconne. A brief presentation will begin at 6:10 p.m. with an open house to follow.
The meeting will discuss:
- Replacement of the existing bridge over the Wolf River with a fixed span bridge just south of the existing alignment.
- Reconstruction of the bridge approaches from 2nd Street on the west to 2nd Avenue on the east.
- Construction of new fishing platforms in roughly in the same location as the existing roadway bridge extending from both shores with a gap over the main navigation channel.
- Reconstruction of Main Street (2nd Street to 9th Street on the west and 2nd Avenue to 13th Avenue on the east).
- Replacement of utilities and new storm sewer.
Construction of the new bridge is currently scheduled to begin in summer of 2017. Work on the remainder of Main Street is scheduled to begin in spring of 2018. Both the new bridge and reconstructed Main Street are expected to open to traffic in late 2018.
The public is encouraged to attend the meeting to see new design elements, learn more about the proposed improvements, and provide input and comments. Project maps and other information will be on display, and WisDOT staff will be available to explain the improvements and answer questions.
This is the second public meeting for the projects. The first public meeting was November 5, 2014. For more information regarding the bridge replacement and road reconstruction, please visit the WIS 116 project website at http://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/ne/wis116/.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, or would like more information, please contact WisDOT Project Manager Bill Bertrand at (920) 360-3124. Written comments regarding the project can be mailed to Bill Bertrand, WisDOT Northeast Region, 944 Vanderperren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304 or emailed to email@example.com.
The meeting facility is wheelchair accessible. Deaf or hard of hearing persons requiring an interpreter may request one by contacting Mr. Bertrand at least three working days prior to the meeting.