The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is conducting a public involvement meeting to discuss proposed improvements to WIS 22 between South Main Street and County BE and between the north approach of the Wolf River and East Zingler Avenue, in the city of Shawano.
The meeting is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, November 2, 2016 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Shawano City Hall Community Room, 127 South Sawyer Street, Shawano. A brief presentation is scheduled to begin at 5:15 p.m. After the presentation, the meeting will follow an open house format.
WisDOT plans to resurface the highway in 2019. Other planned improvements include:
- Replacing the railroad crossing between Hamlin Street and Ellis Street with signals and new gates
- Replacing the box culvert at Murray Creek; removing guardrails and grade slopes
- Constructing short sections of sidewalk to improve pedestrian connectivity along Green Bay Street
- Reconstructing all curb ramps to meet ADA requirements
- Installing new signing and pavement marking
Right of way acquisition will be required at spot locations to accommodate the proposed improvements.
The purpose of the November 2 meeting is to obtain public feedback on the proposed improvements and associated real estate needs.
More information about the project is available at http://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/nc/wis22shawano/default.aspx
Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter at the meeting may request one by contacting Kristin McHugh at least three working days prior to the meeting via the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay System (711).
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT Region Communications Manager
(715) 421-8380. email@example.com