Application access and approval
Users must have permission to use AWP Project Preconstruction.
- To obtain access, request approval through your WisDOT supervisor.
- Once you have approval and a valid WAMS ID/password (see instructions below to obtain a WAMS ID), send a message to AWPsupport@dot.wi.gov with your:
- WAMS ID (do not send your password)
- Full name
- Firm name
- Firm address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Approval email from WisDOT supervisor
- The email address for the person requesting AWP permission must match the email address associated with the WAMS ID.
- You will receive a confirmation message after you have been granted AWP permission.
- AWP Project Preconstruction access will expire after 2 years.
- Remember to update WisDOT with any contact information changes as this information will be used to notify you of account expiration.
Creating and updating your WAMS ID
- Before gaining permission to use AWP Project Preconstruction users must first create a Wisconsin Access Management System (WAMS) ID. If you already have a WAMS ID you will not need to create a new ID.
- To create your ID and password go to https://on.wisconsin.gov/WAMS/home and select "Self-Registration."
- Requests are processed by the Wisconsin Department of Administration, not WisDOT. Typically you will receive your ID and password quickly, but this may not always be the case.
- To view or change your email address and other information on your WAMS profile go to https://on.wisconsin.gov/WAMS/home and select "Profile Management."