WIS 153, Rangeline Road to Water Street, Mosinee, Marathon County
We’ve identified the following issues on this section of WIS 153:
- The pavement is deteriorating.
- Some of the storm sewer structures are deteriorating.
- Sections of curb and gutter are severely deteriorated.
- Most of the curb ramps do not meet the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- The traffic signal controller and the loops at the intersection of Main and 4th streets need to be improved.
To address the identified needs, we are proposing to:
- Replace the pavement between Rangeline Road and Novak Street
- Resurface the pavement between Novak Street and Water Street
- Replace deteriorated curb and gutter
- Repair deteriorated storm sewer structures
- Replace pedestrian curb ramps that do not meet current Americans with Disabilities Act standards
- Replace the traffic signal equipment at the 4th Street and Main Street intersection
Installation of new sidewalk is proposed between Rangeline Road and Novak Street.
The city of Mosinee plans to replace the city water services between Rangeline Road and Novak Street during construction.
Construction is currently scheduled to take place in 2020.
Proposed traffic impacts during construction
- Temporary traffic signals
- Lane closures
- Flagging operations
- On-street parking restrictions
- Temporary side road closures
Some temporary easements will be needed for construction of the new sidewalk, and where pedestrian curb ramps will be replaced.
- Complete the environmental process - December 2017
- Complete final design - April 2019
- Construction information meeting - Prior to construction in 2020
Wendy Arneson, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT North Central Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
North Central Region, Rhinelander office
510 N. Hanson Lake Road
Rhinelander, WI 54501
Phone: (715) 365-3490
Fax: (715) 365-5780
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711