Note: This study has been canceled. WisDOT will continue to monitor and evaluate this roadway for future needs.
WIS 190, WIS 16 to Brookfield Road, Pewaukee-Brookfield, Waukesha County.
The six mile study will:
- Evaluate the potential need for additional lanes
- Analyze traffic volumes and delays at all signalized intersections and significant unsignalized intersections
- Evaluate impacts of proposed improvement alternatives
- Address bicycle and pedestrian accommodations
- Address long-term safety and congestion needs
- Identify the right of way needed for future corridor expansion
The study seeks to identify project improvements that will provide a safe and efficient transportation system along the WIS 190 corridor that satisfies the long term mobility and access needs. Study outcomes will include:
- Environmental Assessment (EA)
- Design Study Report
- Conceptual Plan
- Summer 2016 - Environmental Assessment
- July 14, 2015 - Public Involvement Meeting (PIM) #3
- At the city of Pewaukee Council Chambers
- May 17, 2011 - PIM #2
- March 18, 2009 - PIM #1
The study is still in the planning phase with no construction activity scheduled at this time.
Andrew Wheeler, PE, WisDOT Southeast Corridor Studies Unit
Michael Pyritz, WisDOT Southeast Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
141 NW Barstow St.
P.O. Box 798
Waukesha, WI 53187-0798
Phone: (262) 548-5902
Fax: (262) 548-5662