WIS 32, within the village of Caledonia, in Racine County.
- South project limit is about 1,000 feet south of 5 Mile Road.
- North project limit is about ½ mile north of the intersection of WIS 32 and WIS 31.
- Project length is about 1.7 miles.
- Maintenance resurfacing project with additional lane through intersection from 6 Mile Road to WIS 31.
- Intersection improvements at 5 Mile Road, 6 Mile Road and WIS 31.
- Traffic signal installation at 6 Mile Road and WIS 32.
The project’s need was established based on several criteria:
- Physical issues, age of facility, and related deficiencies
- Increasing traffic volume and congestion
- Safety concerns and crashes
- Bicycle facilities
- System linkage and route importance
The purpose of this project is to improve the condition of the pavement, and to provide intersection improvements to meet forecasted traffic volumes, improve safety, and accommodate the needs of pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Currently scheduled for construction in 2018.
- The project will be closed to through traffic during construction. Access to local properties will be maintained during construction.
- The detour route will be posted.
- The project is currently in the design phase.
Mark Wilfert, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Dan Sellers, WisDOT Southeast Region Communications
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
141 NW Barstow St.
P.O. Box 798
Waukesha, WI 53187-0798
Phone: (262) 548-5902
Fax: (262) 548-5662