Project location |
Project overview |
US 12, aka Wisconsin Dells Parkway (aka the strip), Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton, in Sauk County.
WisDOT is studying US 12 (Wisconsin Dells Parkway), from WIS 13 (Broadway St.) to WIS 23 (Munroe Ave./Whitlock St.) The 2.7 mile corridor runs parallel to I-90/94.
The city of Wisconsin Dells and the village of Lake Delton are popular family destinations not only for their numerous theme parks and attractions, but also for the geological beauty that exists in and around the area. The tourist environment results in a high volume of traffic as well as significant pedestrians and bicycle activity along the corridor.
The study will evaluate various alternatives to address these concerns and reconstruct the roadway in a manner that meets the needs of its users and remains an asset to this unique vacation destination.
Note - The information on this website is for this long-term corridor study. The US 12 Resurfacing Project is a separate improvement project AND is not part of this study.
For more information on Public Involvement Meetings (PIM), hearings and other public activities, visit
public involvement page.
Project schedule (printable version)
Current (this year)
- Spring 2014
- Policy Advisory Group (PAG) meeting anticipated, Screening of alternatives
- PIM anticipated
- Fall 2014 - PAG meeting anticipated, Identification of Preferred Alternative
- November 2014 -
Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) anticipated
Future (next year and beyond)
- Spring 2015 – Public Hearing
- Summer 2015 – Study schedule to be complete/approval of preferred alternative
2016 and beyond
- 2016-2018 - Final engineering scheduled
- Spring 2020 - Construction scheduled to start
Past (anything prior to today)
- Planning started 2011 with ongoing design work.
- Study started Fall 2011 and scheduled to be completed Summer 2015 with final engineering scheduled 2016-2018. There is no construction activity at this time.
- Construction scheduled to start 2020.
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Rd.
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022 or (888) 368-5463 (toll free)
Fax: (608) 785-9969