Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 16 and I-39 interchange area, Portage, Columbia County
Project improvements include resurfacing of WIS 16 from Boeck Road to the railroad bridge located approximately 1,200 ft southeast of Silver Lake Drive, and a proposed safety improvement project at the WIS 16/WIS 127/I-39 ramp terminal. The proposed safety improvement project consists of replacing the intersection with a roundabout.
Current (this year)
- March 9, 2017 - Public Involvement Meeting (PIM) #2
- 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Informal open house format with a brief presentation at 5:00 p.m.
- City of Portage Municipal Building, Council Chambers, 2nd Floor, 115 West Pleasant Street
Future (next year and beyond)
- Spring/Summer 2018 – Anticipated construction
Past (prior to today)
- January 26, 2016 – PIM #1
Delays are expected during construction, so alternate routes will be advised. Detailed traffic impacts will be provided as the design process continues.
Matthew Dapp, WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Southwest Region, La Crosse Office
3550 Mormon Coulee Road
La Crosse, WI 54601
Phone: (608) 785-9022 or (888) 368-5463 (toll free)
Fax: (608) 785-9969