Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 89 (Main Street), Topel Street to Madison Street, in Lake Mills, Jefferson County.
WisDOT is in the process of developing plans to reconstruct a 1.25 mile section of WIS 89 to replace deteriorating pavement and improve safety and mobility.
- Concrete pavement, curb and gutter, lighting, and existing sidewalk to be replaced.
- Existing sidewalk and curb ramps to be widened to ensure compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- New storm sewer to be installed along entire project length.
- Water and sanitary sewer to be replaced.
- Bicycle lanes to be added.
- On street parking to be evaluated and modified from its current configuration.
Current (this year)
- May 23, 2018 - Public Involvement Meeting (PIM) #3 - Project update
- November 2018 - Bid letting
Future (next year and beyond)
- Spring 2019 - Construction kick-off meeting
- Spring, Summer, and Fall 2019 - Construction anticipated
- Spring and Summer 2020 - Construction anticipated
Past (prior to today)
- November 15, 2017 - Business information meeting
- October 19, 2016 - Design Study Report approved
- October 21, 2015 - PIM #2
- September 9, 2014 - PIM #1
WIS 89 to be constructed in stages and detoured during construction.
Detour, traffic heading north on WIS 89
- Take WIS 89 to US 18.
- Turn east (right) on US 18, and follow to WIS 26.
- Turn north (left) on WIS 26, and follow to I-94.
- Take I-94 west (left) to WIS 89.
Detour, traffic heading south on WIS 89
- Take WIS 89 to I-94.
- Take I-94 west (left) to WIS 26.
- Turn south (right) on WIS 26, and follow to US 18.
- Turn east (right) on US 18, and follow to WIS 89.
In design; construction expected for 2019 and 2020.
Craig Hardy, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843