Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
I-39 Bridge Replacement (Grotzke Road Bridge), Columbia County
The proposed project will replace existing steel girder bridge carrying Grotzke Road over I-39 in Columbia County. It is anticipated that no additional right-of-way acquisition will be required on this project.
Proposed improvements include the following:
- Slight widening of bridge and roadway approach shoulders to improve safety.
- Raising the bridge to meet desirable standard on vertical clearance over I-39.
- Bridge approach roadway profile modification, resurfacing and pavement markings.
Current (this year)
- February 1, 2017 - Public Involvement Meeting (PIM)
- Finalize design work
- Project design delivery (anticipated advanceable PS&E delivery)
Future (next year and beyond)
- Summer 2025: Construction currently scheduled
Grotzke Road will be closed at bridge location to through traffic during construction. Local traffic will be able to use County Highway X to County Highway CX to cross onto the other side of I-39.
Mahesh Shrestha, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843