Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 136 (Old US 12), Baraboo, Sauk County
The proposed project will rehabilitate WIS 136 (Old US 12) after the completion of the Baraboo Bypass Project. The project is split into numerous improvement concepts:
- Terrytown Road to Berkeley Boulevard – Concrete pavement repair
- Berkeley Boulevard to WIS 33/136 – Pavement replacement including municipal utility upgrades
- WIS 33/136 to Chestnut Street – Concrete pavement repair and asphalt overlay
- Chestnut Street to County W – Concrete pavement repair
- County W to WIS 159 – Asphalt mill and overlay
- WIS 159 intersection – Realign/reconstruct intersection
- Baraboo River Bridges – Replace railing, stain parapet walls, polymer overlay.
The project will also install new signals at WIS 33/136 intersection, upgrade pedestrian ramps and update municipal utilities.
- April 5, 2017 - Public Involvement Meeting (PIM)
- April - October 2018 - Construction anticipated
Mine Road – WIS 159 – Closed to through traffic from April – Memorial Day. Traffic will be detoured on South Boulevard/Business 12 to County DL (Old WIS 123) to WIS 159.
WIS 136, from Mine Road north to Terrytown Road, will remain open to traffic during construction. Traffic will be reduced to a signal lane in each direction throughout the project. Traffic will be crossed over between Berkeley Boulevard and Hatchery Road to complete the pavement replacement and bridge maintenance work.
Greg Brecka, WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843