Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 22, Wyocena - Montello, Columbia County
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is developing plans for a pavement replacement project on WIS 22 in Columbia County. The 11.5 mile project is located between the WIS 16 interchange and the Columbia/Marquette County Line. Improvements include milling 2 inches of the existing surface and overlaying with 4 inches of asphalt. The proposed typical section consists of one 12-foot travel lane in each direction with a 6-foot-wide shoulder (5-foot paved) on the left- and right-hand sides. North of WIS 33 the full 6-foot-wide shoulder will be paved for Amish accommodations. The box culvert bridge over the Fox River on the north side of Pardeeville will be reconstructed as part of this project. Sidewalk curb ramps in Wyocena and Pardeeville will also be reconstructed to meet ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) standards.
Additional WIS 22 roadway improvements include the following:
- Removal of existing beam guard and turn-down terminal ends
- Protection of existing roadside hazards within the roadway clear zone (i.e., steep slopes, non-traversable slopes, fixed objects)
- Replacement of select culvert pipes
- Replacement of existing signing and pavement markings
- May 3, 2017 - Public Involvement Meeting (PIM)
- Construction of the project is currently scheduled for 2021.
The department is investigating the most reasonable approach to construct the projects while maintaining access to driving public, local residents, and businesses. More detailed information regarding traffic will be provided as the design process continues.
Mahesh Shrestha, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843