Project location |
Project overview |
Traffic impacts/detours |
WIS 89 (Avalon Street to WIS 73), Columbus, Columbia County
WisDOT is in the process of developing plans to reconstruct a 0.9 mile section of WIS 89 to replace deteriorating pavement and improve safety and mobility.
- Asphalt pavement, curb and gutter, lighting, existing sidewalk to be replaced, and new sidewalk in locations that have a current urban cross section.
- Existing sidewalk and curb ramps to be widened to ensure compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- New storm sewer to be installed along entire project length.
- Triple culverts at 2nd Ward Creek will be replaced.
- Water and sanitary sewer will be improved during this project.
- Roadway will be widened to accommodate bicycles.
- On street parking to be evaluated and modified from its current configuration.
Current (this year)
- November 15, 2017 – Public Involvement Meeting (PIM)
Future (next year and beyond)
- Spring of 2018 – PIM #2
- Summer 2021 - Construction anticipated
WIS 89 to be constructed in stages and detoured during construction.
Detour will be solidified as the design proceeds forward.
Brad Schultz, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843