Damage occurring on state highway

Flat tire

If you want to report a state highway area in need of attention for things such as potholes, debris in the road, etc., please contact the local county highway department.

The local county highway departments are responsible for state highway maintenance in your county, per Wis. Statute 84.07(1).

If your car is damaged due to a pothole, hitting a construction barrel or debris in the road, the state or county is not liable for your damage. Please contact your insurance company in those situations.