1. Check your tires: Make sure that they are pumped up enough and not flat.
2. Check your wheels: Make sure they don’t have anything stuck in them, like leaves or sticks.
3. Check your brakes: Make sure that they work. To test this, squeeze on the hand brakes and then try to move your bike forward. If the wheels do not move, they work.
4. Check your chain: Make sure that it is around the crank, and make sure that the pedals move properly.
5. Check your seat: Make sure that it is not too high up. You should be able place both of your feet firmly on the ground when you are not pedaling.
6. Check your lights: If it is night time, make sure that you have your headlight turned on or your reflectors in the right places.