Safe driving tips for older drivers
- Always wear your glasses and make sure that they are a current prescription.
- Avoid driving at dawn, dusk or night.
- Sit high in your seat so you can see the road for at least 10 feet in front of your car.
- If you are 60 or older, see an eye doctor every year to check for conditions associated with aging.
- Avoid rush hour driving.
- Keep a safe distance between you and the car ahead.
- At intersections, look to the sides of the roads as well as directly ahead.
left turns, but if you must make a left, try to make it at an intersection where green arrow signals provide protected turns.