Project includes resurfacing highway, cleaning culverts and repairing eroding ditch
Release date: January 5, 2023
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is holding a public information meeting to discuss a proposed resurfacing project on WIS 169 in Ashland County from WIS 13 to the Ashland/Iron County line.
- When: 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 10
- Where: Mellen Senior Center, 106 Iron St.
The existing pavement on WIS 169 is deteriorated. To address this and other issues, WisDOT is proposing to:
- Remove a portion of the existing pavement and place new asphalt pavement on WIS 169 and side road intersections.
- Clean culverts and ditches where needed.
- Replace some culverts and place new ones.
- Repair an eroding ditch.
- Add centerline rumble strips.
- Adjust guardrail.
- Enhance gravel shoulders.
- Place pavement marking.
To repair the eroding ditch, work will temporarily encroach on Copper Falls State Park property.
During construction, WIS 169 will remain open to a single lane of traffic, except for a one-week closure to upgrade a rail crossing.
Construction currently is scheduled for 2026, but work could be advanced to 2025 if funding becomes available.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, email@example.com