Release date: January 22, 2019
The Portage Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Service Center is moving to 2888 Village Road and will be open for business at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, January 29. The new location is easy to find and offers customers free parking. The current site will close at 5 p.m. on Thursday, January 24. (View enlarged map)
The Portage DMV Service Center is open Tuesdays and Thursdays 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. It is a full-service facility that offers driver license/ID cards, disabled parking hang tags/plates, license plate renewals.
No need to get in line: Options beyond buildings
The Wisconsin DMV has multiple options for customers to obtain services without needing to visit a DMV office. Many vehicle transactions can be done online. There are also many services provided by third-party vendors (such as kiosks at grocery stores) and/or via traditional mail.
DMV has additional online customer service features:
- Locate the nearest DMV with the DMV locator tool. It shows the DMV locations on a map, the address, hours and services offered, estimated miles from the customer’s location, along with directions and, at larger offices, provides current wait times.
- Begin personalized driver license services with the Driver License Guide. It helps customers confirm eligibility, complete and submit forms electronically, and create a customized checklist showing the documents needed to be brought to a DMV to reduce the need to return with forgotten paperwork.
- Chat or email DMV customer service representatives with individual questions.
- Order replacement driver license or ID cards.
- Change one’s address in DMV records.
For more information, contact:
WisDOT Office of Public Affairs