Proposed work replaces pavement, utilities, sidewalk, curb and gutter in Osseo
Release date: January 23, 2023
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is holding a public involvement meeting to obtain comments on a proposed pavement replacement project on US 10 from Nelson Road to the westbound I-94 ramps in the Trempealeau County city of Osseo.
- When: 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 2<
- A short presentation is planned for 5:30 p.m.
- Where: City of Osseo Community Room, 13712 8th St.
The existing asphalt pavement, placed in 1995, is deteriorating in the form of cracking and rutting and nearing the end of its service life. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is proposing to:
- Remove the asphalt pavement and replace it with 8.5 inches of concrete pavement along with 6 inches of underlying base aggregate.
- Replace storm sewer, sanitary sewer and water main.
- Replace sidewalk, curb ramps, curb and gutter.
- Replace pavement marking.
- Repair and replace existing concrete pavement near I-94 at spot locations.
- Make spot bridge repairs on the bridge over the north fork of the Buffalo River.
Construction currently is scheduled to be completed in 2024. During construction, US 10 will be closed to through traffic and detoured using US 53, County HH and I-94. This includes a small segment of US 53 that runs concurrent with US 10 in Osseo, and US 53 traffic will be detoured using County HH, I-94 and WIS 121.
Click here for more information about the project and a comment form.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, email@example.com