Work includes replacing section of pavement, resurfacing another, upgrading storm sewer
Release date: January 23, 2023
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation seeking public comment on a proposed resurfacing and pavement replacement project on WIS 35 from Lanquist Street in the village of Siren to the WIS 70 East roundabout in the town of Siren, all in Burnett County.
Go to the project website for materials, including a comment form. Comments are due by Friday, Feb. 3 by:
- Mail: Wisconsin Department of Transportation
W7102 Green Valley Road
Spooner, WI 54801
Attn.: Beth Cunningham
The existing pavement on WIS 35 is showing signs of deterioration. To address this and other issues, WisDOT is proposing:
- Replacing the existing pavement with concrete from Lanquist Street to South Shore Drive.
- Improving he WIS 35/WIS 70 intersection to accommodate freight movements and replacing traffic signals.
- Milling the existing asphalt pavement from South Shore Drive to the WIS 70 roundabout and placing new asphalt pavement.
- Upgrading the storm sewer system in the village of Siren to reduce flooding.
- Upgrading existing sidewalk curb ramps in the village of Siren to meet current Americans With Disabilities Act standards.
- Upgrading guardrail to current standards.
- Placing new pavement markings.
During the pavement replacement from Lanquist Street to South Shore Drive, only southbound car traffic will be allowed, and northbound car and all truck traffic will be detoured.
- Northbound car detour: Main Street East, 4th Avenue North and South Shore Drive.
- Truck detour: WIS 70/MN 70, I-35 (MN), MN 48/WIS 77 and WIS 35.
During resurfacing from South Shore Drive to the WIS 70 East roundabout, motorists will encounter single-lane closures controlled by flagging or temporary signals.
Construction currently is scheduled for 2026.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, firstname.lastname@example.org