Release date: March 4, 2022
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is seeking public input on proposed improvements to WIS 21 between WIS 49 and the Winnebago County line. Construction is currently scheduled for 2026 but could occur as early as 2025.Proposed improvements include:
- Resurfacing WIS 21 between WIS 49 and the Winnebago County line
- Performing subgrade improvements and replacing pavement between 32nd Drive and Cottonville Court
- Widening paved shoulders between WIS 49 and County XX
- Replacing a culvert at Fredericks Creek located 3.5 miles west of WIS 49
- Replacing contaminated shoulder base material, replacing guardrail, repairing inlets, and replacing or repairing pipe culverts at various locations.
During construction, WIS 21 will be closed from 32nd Drive to Cottonville Court for eight weeks. Traffic will be detoured via WIS 49, WIS 23, WIS 44 and US 41. When WIS 21 is reopened, motorists can expect daytime single-lane closures with flagging operations. Additionally, WIS 21 will be reduced to a single lane at Fredericks Creek for approximately 10 weeks. Traffic will be routed around the work area using a temporary bypass lane and temporary signals. Real Estate
Temporary easements will be needed to construct the bypass lane at Fredericks Creek. Easements are expected to be needed only to the south of WIS 21.
How to provide input:
- The public is invited to review the project website and provide input through Friday, April 1, 2022 using the online comment form.
- Residents, property owners, and businesses in the area have been mailed a handout with a comment form that can be sent back to WisDOT.
- Questions and comments can be directed to WisDOT Project Manager Wendy Arneson at (715) 459-9789 or by email at Wendy.Arneson@dot.wi.gov, or in writing to WisDOT North Central Region, 1681 Second Avenue South, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin 54495.
Deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind, and speech-disabled persons should contact the Wisconsin Relay Service by dialing 711.
For more information, contact:
Tegan Griffith, North Central Region Communication Manager
(715) 493-3710, email@example.com