Release date: March 26, 2019
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region announces that, as of Tuesday, March 26, FHWA and WisDOT received no claim against the proposed expansion of WIS 23 between US 151 (Fond du Lac) and County P (Plymouth). Work may begin as early as May 2019 in Sheboygan County.
The project will reconstruct 19.1 miles of WIS 23 to a four-lane, on-alignment, divided highway. Several WIS 23 intersections will also be improved as part of the project.
The proposed construction schedule includes:
- Division Road to County P in Sheboygan County
- May 2019 to 2020
- Grading, structures, and paving for the added lanes and intersections
- Seven Hills Road to Division Road in Fond du Lac County
- 2020 and 2021
- Grading, structures, and paving for the added lanes, intersections, and County G interchange
- US 151 to Seven Hills Road in Fond du Lac County
- 2021 and 2022
- Grading, structures, and paving for the added lanes, intersections, County K interchange, County UU interchange, and resurfacing existing lanes
- Seven Hills Road to County P in Fond du Lac and Sheboygan counties
- Resurfacing existing lanes
See additional information regarding the WIS 23 project.
A WIS 23 construction website will be available on 511.wi.gov during construction.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, Northeast Region Communications Director
(920) 492-4153, firstname.lastname@example.org