Work includes replacing highway from two to four lanes, making improvements at 70th Avenue
Release date: March 27, 2023
To invest in Wisconsin's transportation system, Gov. Tony Evers has signed a $6.47 million contract with prime contractor Mattison Contractors, Inc., of Knapp for a project to improve safety and operations on WIS 65 from the I-94 westbound ramp terminal to just south of Wagner Drive in the St. Croix County village of Roberts.
Construction is scheduled to start Monday, April 3, but the contractor will be onsite this week to clear trees and install erosion control measures.
To address deteriorating pavement and traffic backups, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation plans to:
- Expand WIS 65 from two to four lanes from the I-94 westbound ramp terminal to about 1,200 feet north of 70th Avenue.
- Install turn lanes, traffic islands and new traffic signals at the 70th Avenue intersection.
- Upgrade drainage.
- Place permanent signage and new pavement markings.
- Modify the park and ride lot.
WIS 65 will remain open to traffic during the bulk of construction. However, WIS 65 north of 70th Avenue is expected to be closed from September to October, and traffic will be detoured via I-94, US 63 and US 12.
Construction is scheduled for completion in November.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, email@example.com