Published: April 4, 2019
On April 8, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is scheduled to begin installing a cable barrier along the median of I-94, between WIS 67 and County SS, in Waukesha County. To effectively implement these safety improvements, some grading and roadway shoulder work is required.
- Cable barriers along the median are an effective means of reducing cross median crashes.
- Cable barriers can be placed further from the roadway making them less likely to be hit.
Project Traffic Impacts
- Daytime shoulder closures
- Limited overnight single lane closures
The contractor, Buteyn Peterson Construction, is planning on completing the $2 million project by late fall. The schedule of work is weather dependent and subject to change.
For more information, contact:
Dan Sellers, Southeast Region Communications
(262) 548-6702 or Daniel.Sellers@dot.wi.gov