Proposed projects repairs culvert, replaces other on US 10 and replaces two on WIS 65
Release date: April 11, 2023
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is holding a virtual public involvement on proposed culvert projects on US 10 and WIS 65 in Pierce County.
Go to the project
website for materials and provide comments by Friday, April 28, 2023, by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Wisconsin Department of Transportation
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Attn.: Adam Sturgis
The culverts are showing signs of deterioration. To address this, WisDOT is proposing the following work:
- On culverts C-47-236 and C-47-242 on US 10 between Ellsworth and Durand:
- Replacing the wing walls on the north end of C-47-236 and replacing the guardrail.
- Replacing C-47-242, reconstructing the roadway and removing and replacing guardrail.
- On culverts C-47-2 and C-47-5 on WIS 65 between Ellsworth and River Falls:
- Replacing C-47-2, reconstructing the roadway and removing guardrail.
- Replacing C-47-5, reconstructing the roadway and removing guardrail.
During construction on US 10, motorists will encounter a shoulder closure for work on culvert C-47-236 and single-lane closures controlled by temporary traffic signals for the replacement of C-47-242. During construction, WIS 65 will be closed to through traffic for the replacement of both culverts, and traffic will be detoured via US 10, US 63, WIS 29 and WIS 35. Work on C-47-2 and C-47-5 is anticipated to be done simultaneously, and access to residences and businesses in the project limits will be maintained.
Construction currently is scheduled to be completed in 2025.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, firstname.lastname@example.org