Proposed work includes replacing bridge deck, roadway approaches and guardrail
Release date: April 14, 2023
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is seeking public comment on a proposed improvement project on the 160th Street Bridge over WIS 29 in the Chippewa County town of Lafayette.
The public is invited to go to the project
website, review information and submit comments by May 19, 2023, by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Wisconsin Department of Transportation
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Attn.: Christena O'Brien
Built in 1966, the existing structure is in need of rehabilitation to extend its service life. WisDOT is proposing:
- Replacing the concrete bridge deck and surface drains.
- Replacing the concrete slope paving under the structure with crushed aggregate slope paving.
- Replacing the asphaltic roadway on both sides of the bridge.
- Upgrading the bridge railings.
- Replacing the guardrail.
Construction currently is scheduled for 2027. During construction, 160th Street would be closed and detoured, and WIS 29 would remain open to traffic, with limited lane closures.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, email@example.com