Proposed work includes overlaying bridge deck, replacing joints and bearings
Release date: April 14, 2023
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is seeking public comments on a proposed improvement project on the County M (Main Street) Bridge over US 53 in the Chippewa County village of New Auburn.
The public is invited to go to the project
website, review information and submit comments by May 19, 2023, by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Wisconsin Department of Transportation
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Attn.: Christena O'Brien
Built in 1972, the existing structure is in need to rehabilitation to extend its service life. WisDOT is proposing:
- Overlaying the bridge deck with concrete.
- Replacing the bridge joints and bearings.
- Making concrete surface repairs on the structure.
- Replacing damaged railing at spot locations.
- Placing asphalt on the roadway approaches on both side of the bridge.
- Evaluating and upgrading guardrail on US 53 at the bridge.
Construction currently is scheduled for 2027. During construction, County M will remain open, but traffic will be shifted from one side of the structure to the other.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, email@example.com