Work includes placing pavement, overlaying bridge deck, completing culvert work
Release date: April 21, 2023
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is holding a virtual public involvement meeting to obtain input on a proposed improvement project in St. Croix County on WIS 128 from US 12 in the town of Springfield to WIS 170 in Glenwood City.
The public is invited to visit the project website, review a presentation and fact sheet and submit comments by May 5, 2023, by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Wisconsin Department of Transportation
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Attn.: Dave Koepp
The pavement on this segment of WIS 128 is showing signs of deterioration. To address this and other issues, WisDOT plans to:
- Recycle 3.75 inches of the existing asphaltic surface in the rural section of the project and pave 2.75 inches over the recycled pavement.
- Mill approximately 3.25 inches of the existing asphaltic surface in the urban section of the project and pave the roadway with 3.25 inches of hot-mix asphalt in the urban section.
- Overlay the deck on a small bridge in Glenwood City.
- Update guardrail throughout the project corridor.
- Clean or replace culvert pipes.
- Update sidewalk curb ramps in Glenwood City.
- Install new pavement markings.
- Place centerline rumble strips.
Construction currently is scheduled for 2026. During construction, WIS 128 will:
- Remain open to through traffic during the removal and replacement of pavement, but motorists will encounter single-lane closures controlled by flagging.
- Remain open during bridge work, but motorists might encounter a single lane of traffic controlled by temporary signals.
- Be closed and detoured during culvert replacement.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471,