Bridge closed May 4 to May 15
Release Date: April 27, 2020
(Sturgeon Bay) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation Northeast Region announces bridge repairs on the Maple-Oregon Street Bridge in the city of Sturgeon Bay, Door County, begins Monday, May 4, 2020. The $427,534 project is scheduled to finish no later than June 19, 2020. The bridge will be closed to vehicle, pedestrian and marine traffic during the beginning portion of repair work.
Lunda Construction Company from Black River Falls, Wis. is the prime contractor.
The work under this project consist of concrete deck repairs, polymer overlay, pavement markings and rebalancing the lift spans.
- The Maple-Oregon Street Bridge will be CLOSED to vehicle and pedestrian traffic Monday morning, May 4 through Friday, May 15.
- Motorists can use the Bayview Bridge or Michigan Street Bridge to cross the bay.
- The Maple-Oregon Street Bridge will be unable to open for large watercraft traffic from noon, Tuesday, May 5 to noon, Monday, May 11.
- Watercraft that can pass safely under the bridge may still pass under the bridge during this time.
- A Local Notice to Mariners is posted on the United States Coast Guard website.
All work and closures are weather dependent.
This project will extend the life of the bridge by repairing poor concrete and sealing the deck with a polymer overlay.
Work Zone Safety
Each year in Wisconsin, both highway workers and motorists are killed and injured in crashes that happen in highway construction zones. Motorists should slow down, be patient and pay attention to their surroundings in this and all work zones.
For more information regarding work zone rules for motorists, the new law restricting hand-held devices, and general work zone safety information, please see our work zone safety website.
# # #
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, Regional Communications Manager
Mark.Kantola@dot.wi.gov, (920) 492-4153