Project includes replacing bridge joints, approach slabs, guardrail; and painting girders
Release date: May 3, 2023
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is holding a virtual public involvement meeting on a proposed rehabilitation project on the WIS 13 bridge over US 2/53 in Douglas County.
Go to the project
website to review a presentation and handout about the project and provide comments by June 1, 2023, by:
- Mail: Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Eau Claire, WI 54701
The bridge is showing signs of deterioration. To address that, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation is proposing to:
- Place a polymer overlay on the deck.
- Replace bridge joints.
- Replace concrete approach slabs at each end of the bridge.
- Paint bearings and bridge girders.
- Upgrade guardrail.
During construction, motorists will encounter the following traffic impacts:
- WIS 13 will remain open to traffic, but motorists will encounter single-lane closures controlled by temporary traffic signals during structure work and approach slab replacement.
- US 2/53 will remain open to traffic, but motorists will encounter single-lane closures during girder painting.
Construction currently is scheduled for 2026, but work could be advanced to 2025 if funding becomes available.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, email@example.com