Release Date: May 7, 2020
A public involvement meeting was previously scheduled for May 20, 2020 to discuss proposed improvements to WIS 45, between WIS 32 and the Vilas County line, Oneida County. An in-person meeting is no longer planned based on public health guidance to limit public gatherings.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) North Central Region is seeking feedback by June 3, 2020 on the proposed improvements to US 45 in alternative formats.
- Residents, property, and business owners within the project limits have been mailed a handout and other materials, including comment forms and contact information for project staff.
- The same materials are posted online with an option to provide feedback at the following link: wisconsindot.gov/Pages/projects/by-region/nc/us45oneida/public.aspx
Construction is currently scheduled for 2022. Proposed improvements include:
- Asphaltic pavement mill and overlay
- Replacement of deteriorated curb and gutter
- Upgrade curb ramps to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards at all intersections
- Replacement of six culverts and one cattle pass
- Spot inlet and drainage repairs to address deterioration and erosion
- New pavement marking including installation of centerline rumble strips in the rural areas
Adjacent property and business owners are encouraged to provide feedback. Deaf or hard of hearing persons needing assistance should contact the Wisconsin Telecommunications Relay system (dial 711). For any questions or issues with the above feedback options, please contact WisDOT Project Manager Kai Kilen at (715) 365-5741.
For more information:
Tegan Griffith, Region Communication Manager
email@example.com or (715) 493-3710