Project includes resurfacing segments of multiple highways in Trempealeau County
Release date: May 12, 2023
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is holding a construction coordination meeting for upcoming resurfacing projects on WIS 35/54, WIS 54/93 and US 53 in Trempealeau County.
The public is invited to attend to learn about the work planned, construction impacts and the project schedule.
When: 5 to 6 p.m. Monday, May 22
Where: Trempealeau Town Hall
Galesville, WI 54630
The pavement on the following segments is showing signs of deterioration – WIS 35/54, Buffalo/Trempealeau County line to WIS 93; WIS 54/93, WIS 93 to Winnebago Road; and US 53 from Harris Road to the south Trempealeau County line. To address this and other issues, WisDOT plans to:
- Mill existing asphalt pavement and overlay the roadway with new asphalt pavement.
- Repair existing concrete pavement and overlay it with new asphalt pavement.
- Install a Through Route Activated Warning System (TRAWS) at WIS 54/93 and County T/K, where there have been crashes involving vehicles crossing or entering the state highway from the county roads.
- The system will detect vehicles approaching on County T or County K and activate flashing warning lights on WIS 54/93.
- Repair or replace culvert pipes under US 53 and WIS 54.
- Repair four box culverts.
- Repair or replace guardrail.
- Add centerline and shoulder rumble strips.
Construction is set to begin May 30, with project completion scheduled for late October.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, email@example.com