Work includes placing new asphalt, completing culvert work, installing rumble strips
Release date: May 15, 2023
To invest in Wisconsin's transportation system, Gov. Tony Evers has signed a $4.49 million contract with prime contractor Monarch Paving Co. of Amery for a pavement improvement project on WIS 128 from WIS 29 northeast of Spring Valley to US 12 west of Wilson in St. Croix County. Construction is scheduled to start Monday, May 22.
To address deteriorating pavement, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation plans to:
- Remove a portion of the existing pavement, recycle and relay it and place new asphalt.
- Replace or line culverts.
- Install centerline and intersection rumble strips.
- Replace guardrail.
- Place new pavement markings.
During construction, WIS 128 will remain open to traffic, but motorists will encounter lane closures controlled by flagging.
Construction is scheduled for completion in late July.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
For more information, contact:
Christena T. O'Brien, Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471, email@example.com