Work includes addressing deterioration on two bridge decks, replacing culvert wing wall
Release date: June 2, 2022
To invest in Wisconsin's transportation system, Gov. Tony Evers has signed a $1.25 million contract with prime contractor Zenith Tech of Waukesha for a bridge and culvert rehabilitation project on WIS 139 between US 8 and the Wisconsin/Michigan state line in Florence County. Construction is scheduled to start Monday, June 6.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation project will:
- Mill the deck of the bridge over the Popple River in the town of Fence to remove deteriorated concrete, overlay the structure with new concrete and polymer.
- Replace the deck on the WIS 139 bridge over the Nicolet State Trail and a wing wall on a culvert, both located west of Fay Lake in the town of Long Lake.
The following traffic impacts start June 6:
- WIS 139 over the Popple River will be reduced to a single lane between Sheldon Road and Forest Road 2161, with traffic controlled by temporary signals.
- WIS 139 will be closed at the bridge crossing the Nicolet State Trail, with traffic detoured on US 8, WIS 101 and WIS 70.
- The Nicolet State Trail will be closed. However, it will be open on weekends unless the contractor is working. ATV traffic will be detoured on Long Lake, Settlement and Lindahl Spur roads, and bicycle and pedestrian traffic will be detoured on Long Lake Road, WIS 139 and Fay Lake Road.
Construction is scheduled for completion in August.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin's North Central Region:
Visit the region's 511 website: https://projects.511wi.gov/region/north-central/
For more information:
WisDOT Office of Public Affairs
(608) 266-3581, email@example.com