Release Date: June 5, 2020
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) North Central Region has scheduled the following upcoming maintenance activities. All work and closures are weather dependent and subject to change. Motorists are advised to use caution and remain alert when driving through any work zone.
Green Lake County, WIS 23
Crews will be milling and overlaying approaches to the Puchyan River Bridge on Tuesday, June 9, 2020. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in either direction, with flaggers stopping traffic so trucks can enter and exit. The traffic signals at the intersection of WIS 23, WIS 49, and County A will be set to flashing red (four-way stop) while work is occurring.
Lincoln County Highway Department crews will be washing steel girders on the bridges over US 51 at the locations below. Operations will require single daytime lane closures on US 51 from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday, June 9 through Thursday, June 11.
• County Road Q overhead bridge
• County Road G overhead bridge
• Pope Road overhead bridge
• County Road K overhead bridge
Crews will be starting inspections and routine maintenance in the Wausau area on the flyover ramps at US 51 and WIS 29 west interchange using a reach-all truck.
• Southbound US 51 to westbound WIS 29 ramp (Exit 191A) will be closed from 6:30 a.m. on Monday, June 8 through Wednesday, June 10. During the closure, traffic will be detoured via westbound WIS 52 (Exit 192)
• Eastbound WIS 29 to northbound US 51 ramp (Exit 164B) will be closed from 6 a.m. on Monday, June 8 through Wednesday, June 10. During the closure, traffic will be detoured via eastbound WIS 51 (Exit 164A)
• Northbound US 51/WIS 29 from Marathon County NN on ramp through westbound WIS 29 ramp (Exit 191A) will have a single lane closure from 7:30 a.m. on Monday, June 8 through Wednesday, June 10.
In addition, bridge inspection teams will be conducting routine inspections on foot in the following areas:
• From Kowalski Road/Maple Ridge to Business 51/County U
• From US 51/WIS 29 interchange east to County O overhead bridge
Oneida County Highway Department crew will be sweeping, washing and applying a concrete patch on the bridge deck of US 51 over Minocqua Lake from 3 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, June 15, 2020. Operations will require single lane closures on US 51 northbound and southbound.
Portage County Highway Department will be applying polymer overlays at the following locations:
• I-39, Northbound and southbound bridges over Little Eau Claire River (Lake DuBay). Motorists will encounter single lane closures from 6 a.m. Wednesday, June 10 through 12 p.m., Friday June 12
• US 10, Eastbound and westbound bridges over County B. Motorists will encounter single lane closures from 6 a.m., Monday June 8 through 12 p.m., Wednesday, June 10.
Shawano County Highway Department crews will be sweeping and washing bridge decks on WIS 29 at the bellow mapped locations. Operations will require single daytime lane closures from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday, June 15 through Thursday, June 18.
• WIS 29 eastbound and westbound bridges over US 45
• WIS 29 eastbound and westbound bridges over County T
• WIS 29 eastbound and westbound bridges over CN Railroad
• WIS 29 eastbound over Rose Brook Road
• WIS 29 eastbound and westbound bridges over Vally Road
• WIS 29 eastbound and westbound bridges over Porter Road
For more information:
Tegan Griffith, Region Communication Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org or (715) 493-3710