Release date: June 30, 2022
To invest in Wisconsin's transportation system, Governor Evers signed a $8.57 million contract to resurface WIS 36, from WIS 83 in Burlington to WIS 20 in Waterford, within Racine County.
Work is scheduled to begin Tuesday July 5, weather permitting. Payne & Dolan, Inc. is the prime contractor for the project and will implement the following:
- Resurfacing eight miles of WIS 36
- Traffic signal improvements
- Ditching and shaping for improved drainage
What to Expect
- The project will be constructed in two segments:
- The first is the southern segment from WIS 83 (Pine Street) to the northern Fox river crossing (River Road).
- The second will then be the northern segment from the Fox River to WIS 20 (Beck Drive).
- One lane in each direction will be maintained at all times. Some turning movements may be restricted.
- Cross streets will have short-term closures at the intersections when work is taking place within the intersections.
Construction is scheduled for completion by fall. The schedule is dependent on favorable weather conditions and construction progress.
For more information regarding southeast region traffic impacts, transportation news and project updates: